Aussies With Tails! Why We Love Them:
They are the most gorgeous, eye-catching canine specimens we have ever seen.
They are hard-working ranch dogs with a strong herding instinct.
They are fiercely loyal, protecting their property and their people.
They are very interesting, to the point of being “quirky”.
They are big-hearted, courageous and freely loving.
Aussies have enriched our lives more than we had ever anticipated!
Who We Are
Not just an ordinary dog breeder… We are experienced in the ways of Aussies, yet are fairly new at breeding and offering them up for adoption. We created a “mission statement” the day we started planning our new endeavor, and here it is:
“Buck Hill Aussies is committed to rearing the most healthy, beautiful and happy dogs we can in an informal, yet safe and regulated environment.”
Although we are on a learning curve with all this, we feel that we are succeeding in our Mission!
Well, we don’t actually have any kennels that look like the photo on the right. We are located inside the Ocala National Forest on three acres of piney woods. The entire homestead is securely fenced and safe, and all our dogs and puppies roam free on the property*.
*New, young and vulnerable litters are protected inside a high fenced enclosure (about 20′ x 40′) at night, with Mom & Dad nearby.
Far from being a Puppy Mill, this is Doggie Heaven! Our dogs interact from an early age with our 3 cats, 5 chickens, and numerous gopher tortoises. We groom and lovingly handle the pups daily, and they are also socialized with children and other dogs who visit us frequently.
So what does this mean to you? If you want your dog “crate trained”, you’re on your own. Our puppies have never been caged.
BUCK HILL AUSSIES
Why Our Australian Shepherds are special:
1. Our breeding stock was carefully chosen for superior beauty, health and conformation (adherence to breed standards). We strive to raise exceptional dogs suitable for ranch work, the show ring or home protection and companionship.
2. All pups offered for adoption are purebred and registered with the CKC and ASDR (Continental Kennel Club & American Stock Dog Registry).
3. The breeding stock (parents) were DNA-tested to assure they were free of all 152 of the most common genetically-transmitted canine diseases. (Proof provided).
4. Pups are thoroughly socialized from birth with other dogs, cats, chickens and children. They are handled daily and given tons of love and affection. They are never struck or treated harshly in any way. As a result, they have been the most big-hearted and loving dogs we have ever met!
5. All pups are up-to-date on worming, have received their first vaccinations, and have been deemed healthy by a Florida licensed veterinarian. (Certificate provided)
6. Our Aussies have tails! Find out why we do not dock their tails here.
7. If you adopt an Aussie puppy from us, you will receive all documentation (papers), as well as a special “Puppy Pack”.
8. You can reserve your favorite puppy for a $300 deposit. Take a peek at the current litter here.
9. Don’t you just hate it when you get to a site that doesn’t mention the price of the dogs? We do too, and so we are transparent about our pricing. Our outstanding pups go for: $1,500 for Merles; $1,200 for all others.